ART, DESIGN, OR PHOTOGRAPHY PRODUCTION RESIDENCY (SELF-DIRECTED)
(and a few other spots in Fall 2016).
Deadline This Sunday, June 26:
For a limited time, we are now welcoming priority applications for
This residency offers offers competitive professional opportunities for emerging and mid-career, national and international artists, designers, and photographers age 25 and over.
Artist-in-Residence John Ildefonso (Mexico/USA)
The Art Production, Design Production, or Photography Production Residency is a self-directed, non-instructional program. Participants work independently in our spaces. We welcome artists from diverse disciplines who are interested in creating work with, or inspired by, elements, techniques or processes that are specific to Mexico and/or unique to Puebla or Oaxaca.
EXAMPLES OF TECHNIQUES OFFERED (BUT NOT LIMITED TO THESE)
Drawing • Painting • Natural pigments (cochineal, indigo, and other pigments) • Paper • Printmaking • Graphic design • Textiles • Mexican textiles (weaving, embroidery, back-strap weaving) • Sculpture • Ceramics • Mexican ceramics (Talavera, loza vidriada) • Gold leafing and antique art techniques • Wood carving • Performance • Ephemeral (including food and other perishable materials) • Photography: digital photography and alternative photographic processes • Digital media • Design and illustration
Artists-in-Residence Christina De la Rosa (USA) and Elizabeth Carter (First Nations Canada)
Artists-in-Residence Wilby Wyndham (United Kingdom) and Ameet Gill (India/Canada)
RESIDENCY DURATION / TIME PERIOD
Term of 4 to 12 weeks. Dates are not predetermined but are nominated by the applicant.
WHAT THIS RESIDENCY INCLUDES
- Each resident meets weekly with our staff for individualized research assistance/resources, project guidance, and critiques
Accommodation and Meals:
- Furnished, private bedroom
- Meals and 24-hour access to the kitchen and dining room
- Wireless Internet
- Use of Arquetopia's residency spaces including 4th-floor lounge and outdoor terraces
- Shared bathrooms with modern fixtures and showers
- 24-hour access to large and bright, shared art studio with generous natural light
- Personal workspace with large table and wall space
- Some tools provided
- Equipped darkroom provided for photographers
- For self-directed residencies, artists bring their own materials and supplies or obtain them locally
RESIDENCY FEE AND APPLICATION DEADLINES