MEXICAN CERAMICS SPECIAL ARTIST RESIDENCY (SELF-DIRECTED)
Now Welcoming Applications for Summer and Fall Sessions 2017
Spaces are limited. Our selection committee evaluates all
applications when they are received vs. after the deadline.
This residency offers offers competitive professional opportunities for emerging and mid-career, national and international artists and designers age 23 and over.
Artist-in-Residence Leah Fraser (Australia)
RESIDENCY DURATION / TIME PERIOD
Terms of 6 to 12 weeks. Dates are not predetermined but are nominated by the applicant.
WHAT THIS RESIDENCY INCLUDES
- Each resident meets weekly with our staff for individualized research assistance/resources, project guidance, and critiques
Accommodation and Meals:
- Furnished, private bedroom
- Meals and 24-hour access to stocked kitchen and large dining room
- Wireless Internet
- Use of Arquetopia's residency spaces including 4th-floor lounge and outdoor terraces
- Shared bathrooms with modern fixtures and showers
- NEW as of January 2017: On-site ceramics facility with medium-sized (2ft X 2ft X 2ft) kiln
- 24-hour access to large and bright, shared art studio with generous natural light
- Personal workspace with large table and wall space
- Ceramics materials and supplies (clay and standard glazes) provided
- Access to on-site ceramics studio and gas kiln or to special facilities (such as our partnered ceramics studios) provided, depending on project
RESIDENCY FEE AND APPLICATION DEADLINES
Artist-in-Residence Mark Adato (USA)
Artist-in-Residence Christina Erives (USA)